By Keith Shea
I’m excited to announce that Wind River has just received the IoT Evolution IoT Excellence Award for Wind River Helix Device Cloud.
The 2016 IoT Excellence Award honors innovative products that support the availability of information being deduced, inferred and directly gathered from sensors, systems and anything else that is supporting better business and personal decisions.
Device Cloud is an IoT device management platform, offering the ability to connect machines and devices, manage machine-generated data and remotely execute software updates. With this cloud-based IoT platform, organizations can make better business decisions, lower development costs, accelerate deployment timelines and free resources to work on creating differentiated products. The economic benefits of Wind River Helix Device Cloud help businesses improve their bottom-line and grow their revenues.
This award comes on the heels of Device Cloud being named as a finalist in the software category of the Embedded Award 2017, from the Embedded World Exhibition and Conference.
As the market leader in embedded, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers and partners unlock the value of IOT. With Device Cloud, our customers can:
• Maintain secure two-way connectivity to gateways and embedded systems that power smart devices
• Keep mission-critical IoT devices fully operational, with tools for remote diagnosis and repair
• Manage the inventory of device configurations and software to be aware of what is running in the field
• Upgrade new devices when first activated in the field and push new updates out as released
• Integrate with other enterprise systems to monitor and share device status
I recently expanded my role at Wind River to include management of the Helix Cloud IoT Solutions Business Unit. In this new role, I am proud to be leading a team ready to tackle the key issues and concerns facing customers today, as they prepare for the challenges and opportunities of IoT tomorrow.