Wind River Helix Device Cloud: Recipient of the 2018 IoT Global Awards Platform of the Year
By: Amanda Lowe
I’m excited to announce that Wind River has just received the IoT Global Award for Platform of the Year for Wind River® Helix™ Device Cloud at Smart IoT London.
The 2018 IoT Global Awards programs recognizes excellence in IoT innovation. The Platform of the Year Award honors the most innovative IoT-related Application Enablement / Connectivity / Technology Platform, or the platform that in the opinion of the Judges will be most valuable or beneficial (and which advance the cause of IoT.
Device Cloud is an IoT device management platform that shortens your time-to-value for managing the lifecycle of deployed IoT devices by providing purpose built tools that reduce the cost and risk associated with managing Industrial equipment. With Device Cloud, organizations can lower development and operations costs, accelerate deployment timelines, and focus development resources on creating differentiated products that stand up to the competition.
This award comes on the heels of the IoT Evolution Award for Business Implementation that we shared with Intel, our customer, Waterous, and our partner, Telit, IoT Evolution Expo in Orlando, FL in January of this year.
We are proud of these prestigious accolades for our latest version of Device Cloud, which we launched in October. The new features and capabilities include:
- Enhanced Security: Zero touch onboarding for instantly-connected, manageable, hardened devices with Intel technology
- Enhanced Device Management Capabilities: Remote monitoring, software over-the-air/firmware over-the-air updates, alerts, rules, update campaigns, data management and monitoring leveraging foundational IoT technology from industry leader and strategic partner, Telit
- Flexible Deployment Options: Support for public, private and hybrid cloud deployments, as well as expanded regional public cloud hosting options
- Broad OS Support: Ease of connecting devices utilizing a new Python Agent that simplifies managing a large range of intelligent gateways and devices running different operating systems
- Expanded set of APIs to simplify contextualizing device data and device applications with business processes and business systems
Have you tried out Device Cloud for yourself yet? Our award-winning platform is enabling companies to capture significant value and generate new ROI from their investment in IoT. Learn more here or contact us to arrange a face-to-face conversation.